Julian Robertson's Profile:
Julian Robertson is considered the father of hedge fund. He launched his firm Tiger Management in 1980 with $8 million, and turned it into over $22 billion in the late 1990s. Robertson had the best hedge fund record throughout the 1980s and 1990s. It is reported that the compound rate of return to his investors was 32%. During his active years, he was considered to be the "Wizard of Wall Street." His hedge fund, Tiger Management, became the world's largest fund, which peaked at over $23 billion invested.
» More Profile & Performance
He lost 4% in 1998 and 19% in 1999 as rival investors were riding the dot-com bubble to spectacular returns. He shut down his fund.
Today Tiger Management only manages fund from internal investment, mainly Mr. Robertson’s own money.
Besides his investment record, Mr. Robertson also mentored a group of young hedge fund managers, known as the "Tiger Cubs." A number of them became extremely successful hedge fund managers in their own right, including John Griffin of Blue Ridge Capital, Lee Ainslie of Maverick Capital, Andreas Halvorsen of Viking Global, and Steve Mandel of Lone Pine Capital. They are also included in our List of Gurus.
Julian Robertson's Current Portfolio:
» More Current Portfolio
Julian Robertson's Sector Weightings:
» More Sector Weightings
|Sectors||Sector Weightings (%)
Julian Robertson's News:
» More Related News
- Hedge Fund Originator Julian Robertson Buys 11 Stocks - Nov 14, 2013
- Julian Robertson Makes Large Sells; Buys eBay, Time Warner, E*Trade - Nov 14, 2013
- Guru Stocks at 52-Week Lows: IBM, T, SO, DE, CCL - Oct 08, 2013
- The Most-Sold Guru Stocks of the Second Quarter - Aug 23, 2013
- Weekly CEO Buys Highlight: XON, ARCP, FSFR, CNTY, RHP - Aug 18, 2013
- Hedge Fund Legend Julian Robertson Makes Bullish Purchases: CHTR, PCLN, TRIP, BX, Sells Goldman Sachs - Nov 14, 2012
- Latest Picks from Legendary Hedge Fund Manager Julian Robertson: AIG, HCA, JPM, ABX, OCN, SEAC - Aug 14, 2012
- Stocks Julian Robertson and Tiger Cub Chase Coleman Own in Common - Jun 01, 2012
- Hedge Fund Founder Julian Robertson Buys HCA Holdings, Starbucks, Sherwin Williams in Q1 - May 23, 2012
- More Hedge Funds Are Selling Apple Stock - May 17, 2012