John Hussman's Profile:
Dr. Hussman is the president and principal shareholder of Hussman Strategic Advisors, the investment advisory firm that manages the Hussman Funds. He is also the President of the Hussman Investment Trust. Dr. Hussman manages Hussman Strategic Growth Fund, which invests primarily in U.S. stocks, and Hussman Strategic Total Return Fund, which invests primarily in U.S. Treasury and government agency securities.
From the fund inception in July 2000 to Oct. 31, 2008 , his Hussman Strategic Growth Fund averaged 9.9% a year, and has a cumulative gain of 118%, while the S&P500 lost more than 23%. For the 12 months ended Oct. 31, 2008 , his fund lost 0.3%, while the S&P500 lost more than 40%.
Prior to managing the Hussman Funds, Dr. Hussman was a professor of economics and international finance at the University of Michigan . His academic research centers on market efficiency and information economics. Dr. Hussman holds a Ph.D. in economics from Stanford University (1992), and two degrees from Northwestern University : a Masters degree in education and social policy (1985) and a bachelors degree in economics (1983, Phi Beta Kappa).
John Hussman's Performance:Average Annual Return of Hussman Strategic Growth Fund
» More Profile & Performance
John Hussman's Current Portfolio:
» More Current Portfolio
John Hussman's Sector Weightings:
» More Sector Weightings
|Sectors||Sector Weightings (%)
John Hussman's News:
» More Related News
- Market Valuations and Expected Returns - August 5, 2014 - Aug 05, 2014
- Market Valuations and Expected Returns - July 2, 2014 - Jul 02, 2014
- Market Valuations and Expected Returns - June 5, 2014 - Jun 05, 2014
- These Leading Indicators Support Jeremy Grantham’s Market Call - May 06, 2014
- Market Valuations and Expected Returns – May 5, 2014 - May 06, 2014
- Bearish Investor John Hussman's 5 Top New Stock Buys - May 02, 2014
- Market Valuations and Expected Returns – April 3, 2014 - Apr 04, 2014
- Market Valuations and Expected Returns – March 5, 2014 - Mar 05, 2014
- Weekly CEO Buys Highlight: KMI, CLMS, RTRX, OPK, KO - Mar 03, 2014
- Guru Stocks at 52-Week Lows: CHL, TGT, KMP, CAJ, FMX - Feb 17, 2014