Andreas Halvorsen's Profile:
Andreas Halvorsen is a founding partner of Viking Global Investors LP and currently serves as its CIO. Viking was formed in 1999 and is based in Greenwich, Connecticut. Viking manages two hedge funds invested in equities worldwide.
» More Profile & Performance
Prior to founding Viking, Mr. Halvorsen was a senior managing director and the director of equities at Tiger Management LLC. He also worked as an investment banker in the corporate finance and merger departments of Morgan Stanley. Prior to moving to the United States, Mr. Halvorsen graduated from the Norwegian Naval Academy and served as a platoon commander on the Norwegian SEAL Team.
Mr. Halvorsen received his MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business in 1990 and graduated from Williams College in 1986.
Since starting his firm Viking Global in 1999, his Viking Global Equities III fund has gained 22% on average per year until March 2009. His largest down period was from Sept. 2001 to March of 2002, when his portfolio was down about 12%.
Andreas Halvorsen's Current Portfolio:
» More Current Portfolio
Andreas Halvorsen's Sector Weightings:
» More Sector Weightings
|Sectors||Sector Weightings (%)
Andreas Halvorsen's News:
» More Related News
- Steven Cohen Buys Broadcom, Intel, Chipotle - Aug 22, 2016
- Andreas Halvorsen's Largest 2nd Quarter Buys - Jul 17, 2016
- Andreas Halvorsen's Viking Global Gets Control of Stakes in 2 Companies for Backing Hot Biotech - Jul 14, 2016
- Tech Companies Reach High Altman Z-Scores - Jul 14, 2016
- Andreas Halvorsen Invests in Axovant Sciences - Jul 14, 2016
- Andreas Halvorsen Doubles Stake in Natural Gas Power Plant Company - Jul 07, 2016
- Andreas Halvorsen Buys Facebook, Amazon, MasterCard - Jun 14, 2016
- Andreas Halvorsen Raises Stake in Dynegy by 1,563% - Jun 01, 2016
- Stocks Near 52-Week Lows - May 26, 2016
- John Hussman Sells Broadcom, Cognizant - May 13, 2016