Andreas Halvorsen's Profile:
Andreas Halvorsen is a founding partner of Viking Global Investors LP and currently serves as its CIO. Viking was formed in 1999 and is based in Greenwich, Connecticut. Viking manages two hedge funds invested in equities worldwide.
» More Profile & Performance
Prior to founding Viking, Mr. Halvorsen was a senior managing director and the director of equities at Tiger Management LLC. He also worked as an investment banker in the corporate finance and merger departments of Morgan Stanley. Prior to moving to the United States, Mr. Halvorsen graduated from the Norwegian Naval Academy and served as a platoon commander on the Norwegian SEAL Team.
Mr. Halvorsen received his MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business in 1990 and graduated from Williams College in 1986.
Since starting his firm Viking Global in 1999, his Viking Global Equities III fund has gained 22% on average per year until March 2009. His largest down period was from Sept. 2001 to March of 2002, when his portfolio was down about 12%.
Andreas Halvorsen's Current Portfolio:
» More Current Portfolio
Andreas Halvorsen's Sector Weightings:
» More Sector Weightings
|Sectors||Sector Weightings (%)
Andreas Halvorsen's News:
» More Related News
- Andreas Halvorsen Adds to Stake In Sealed Air Corp - Apr 15, 2015
- Andreas Halvorsen Keeps Buying DVA, HLT, ACT - Apr 10, 2015
- 5 Industrial Stocks Gurus Are Buying - Apr 07, 2015
- Analyzing Andreas Halvorsen's Top Tech Holding: Baidu - Mar 18, 2015
- Why Andreas Halvorsen and Ray Dalio are buying this Fertilizer company - Mar 18, 2015
- Weekly 3-Year Low Highlights: IBM, ABEV, ITUB, OXY - Mar 17, 2015
- Weekly CEO Buys Highlight: APD, MDAS, PNNT, MDU, SRV - Feb 23, 2015
- Andreas Halvorsen Focuses On Wayfair In Fourth Quarter - Feb 06, 2015
- Andreas Halvorsen's Trades Of January 2015 - Feb 06, 2015
- A Closer Look at Facebook's Fundamentals - Dec 17, 2014