|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries|
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
Tom Keene Interviews Traxis Partners Barton Biggs Who Has Upped His Bullish Positioning
Posted by: CanadianValue (IP Logged)
Date: March 20, 2012 05:31PM
Here is the podcast for the Tom Keene Interview with Traxis Partners Barton Biggs. It is much less time constrained than a cram-it-in-quickly television interview:
The main comments from Biggs include:
- Thinks people in the “gloom” camp are spending too much time looking over their shoulders at the recent past.
- He is encouraged by the leadership in the ECB, the IMF.
- He thinks there is reason to be cautious about Apple (AAPL). Research In Motion (RIMM) had wonderful products at one point, as did Sony (SNE). Products can fall out favor quickly.
- He isn’t interested in complicated trading strategies including option strategies; he would prefer to just own companies.
- Convinced that hedge funds, pension funds and endowments have a huge amount of cash sitting in low-yielding instruments that will have to migrate back to stocks.
- He thinks there might be another opportunity to get long the banking sector.
- His favorite sector to invest in is technology.
- He is unhappy with the performance of emerging markets vs. the U.S., and the emerging markets could be set for a strong run.
- He isn’t sure what the underperformance of the Chinese and emerging markets signals.
Disclaimers: GuruFocus.com is not operated by a broker, a dealer, or a registered investment adviser. Under no circumstances does any information posted on GuruFocus.com represent a recommendation to buy or sell a security. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations. The gurus may buy and sell securities before and after any particular article and report and information herein is published, with respect to the securities discussed in any article and report posted herein. In no event shall GuruFocus.com be liable to any member, guest or third party for any damages of any kind arising out of the use of any content or other material published or available on GuruFocus.com, or relating to the use of, or inability to use, GuruFocus.com or any content, including, without limitation, any investment losses, lost profits, lost opportunity, special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages. Past performance is a poor indicator of future performance. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations. The information on this site is in no way guaranteed for completeness, accuracy or in any other way. The gurus listed in this website are not affiliated with GuruFocus.com, LLC. Stock quotes provided by InterActive Data. Fundamental company data provided by Morningstar, updated daily.