|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries|
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
Tom Keene Interviews Traxis Partners Barton Biggs Who Has Upped His Bullish Positioning
Posted by: CanadianValue (IP Logged)
Date: March 20, 2012 04:31PM
Here is the podcast for the Tom Keene Interview with Traxis Partners Barton Biggs. It is much less time constrained than a cram-it-in-quickly television interview:
The main comments from Biggs include:
- Thinks people in the “gloom” camp are spending too much time looking over their shoulders at the recent past.
- He is encouraged by the leadership in the ECB, the IMF.
- He thinks there is reason to be cautious about Apple (AAPL). Research In Motion (RIMM) had wonderful products at one point, as did Sony (SNE). Products can fall out favor quickly.
- He isn’t interested in complicated trading strategies including option strategies; he would prefer to just own companies.
- Convinced that hedge funds, pension funds and endowments have a huge amount of cash sitting in low-yielding instruments that will have to migrate back to stocks.
- He thinks there might be another opportunity to get long the banking sector.
- His favorite sector to invest in is technology.
- He is unhappy with the performance of emerging markets vs. the U.S., and the emerging markets could be set for a strong run.
- He isn’t sure what the underperformance of the Chinese and emerging markets signals.
Stocks Discussed: AAPL, SNE, RIMM,