|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries|
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
Carl Icahn Comments about Leaving $345 Million on the Table by Selling Lionsgate
Posted by: CanadianValue (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 05:31PM
Corporate raider Icahn had the following comments:
- Sold Lionsgate (LGF) and the stock doubled.
- The reason he sold was that he thought the company was going to struggle if it didn’t have a big hit, which it just did with Hunger Games.
- Despite that Icahn’s fund was up 35% in 2011.
- He has historically made his greatest returns by getting control of companies. He thinks in the long run CVR Energy (CVI) will do well which he is trying to get control of.
- Doesn’t know how the CVR Energy CEO can sell shares personally at $25 and then say that Icahn’s offer at $30 isn’t enough
- Icahn is a former customer of MF Global and is still owed money, but he thinks Corzine likely wasn’t doing the wrong things .
- He thinks the recent stock market rally is due to the fact that there is so much capital around because of money printing. He worries that this can’t go on indefinitely.
Guru Discussed: Carl Icahn: Current Portfolio, Stock Picks
Stocks Discussed: CVI, LGF,
Disclaimers: GuruFocus.com is not operated by a broker, a dealer, or a registered investment adviser. Under no circumstances does any information posted on GuruFocus.com represent a recommendation to buy or sell a security. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations. The gurus may buy and sell securities before and after any particular article and report and information herein is published, with respect to the securities discussed in any article and report posted herein. In no event shall GuruFocus.com be liable to any member, guest or third party for any damages of any kind arising out of the use of any content or other material published or available on GuruFocus.com, or relating to the use of, or inability to use, GuruFocus.com or any content, including, without limitation, any investment losses, lost profits, lost opportunity, special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages. Past performance is a poor indicator of future performance. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations. The information on this site is in no way guaranteed for completeness, accuracy or in any other way. The gurus listed in this website are not affiliated with GuruFocus.com, LLC. Stock quotes provided by InterActive Data. Fundamental company data provided by Morningstar, updated daily.