|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries|
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
Value Idea Contest: Win $1000 If Your Idea Doubles in 12 Months
Posted by: gurufocus (IP Logged)
Date: April 5, 2012 03:19PM
In order to encourage more idea sharing GuruFocus hosts a monthly value idea contest. We will reward qualified value idea submissions $1000 if the idea doubles in 12 months. Qualified authors will also receive $100 per submission. The submissions will be evaluated monthly and the authors will be paid monthly.
To qualify for the contest, your submission must follow these rules:
1. The idea must be well researched. Your analysis must cover at least these areas:
a. Company history and business
b. Financial strength
2. It is recommended that you follow the format of past winners. An example is this month’s winner here: Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Now DJCO Is a Present
3. The stock must be traded in the US, although it can be a foreign company.
4. We will evaluate each submission in the seven areas on 1-5 scale:
a. Business Quality
b. Financial Strength
d. Analytical Depth
g. Readers' comments and authors' responses.
5. The writing is exclusive to GuruFocus. But you can post an abstract at other places and link to the full article on GuruFocus.
6. The same idea has not been submitted for the contest by others within the previous 6 months.
7. The investment ideas must be long term value oriented. Long only.
1. The submissions that follows the above rules will receive $25 in writer’s compensation
2. Those scored 26 or above will be awarded $100. There is no limit on the number of awards per month.
3. The stock picks of those scored 26 or above will be tracked for up to 12 months. If a pick doubled within 12 month of submission, the author will be awarded $1000 in cash.
This contest is now open. The deadline for each month’s submission is the end of the month. Please submit to win $1000.
Disclaimers: GuruFocus.com is not operated by a broker, a dealer, or a registered investment adviser. Under no circumstances does any information posted on GuruFocus.com represent a recommendation to buy or sell a security. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations. The gurus may buy and sell securities before and after any particular article and report and information herein is published, with respect to the securities discussed in any article and report posted herein. In no event shall GuruFocus.com be liable to any member, guest or third party for any damages of any kind arising out of the use of any content or other material published or available on GuruFocus.com, or relating to the use of, or inability to use, GuruFocus.com or any content, including, without limitation, any investment losses, lost profits, lost opportunity, special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages. Past performance is a poor indicator of future performance. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations. The information on this site is in no way guaranteed for completeness, accuracy or in any other way. The gurus listed in this website are not affiliated with GuruFocus.com, LLC. Stock quotes provided by InterActive Data. Fundamental company data provided by Morningstar, updated daily.