|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries|
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
Howard Marks Remarks: We Are in the Middle of Price Too High or Too Low
Posted by: GuruFocus (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2012 12:09PM
Howard Marks Remarks in Conference Call of Oaktree Capital (OAK).
1. 26+ years of managing money. Consistent and managing risk. Expert in credit. Outperformance in bad times.
2. $78 billion AUM today, up from $36 in 2007. 1700 limited partners. 100 largest pension funds.
3. Spend most of time visiting potential and existing clients.
1. Normal period of investment environment.
2. Outlook of developed world, Europe, leadership, China slow down.
3. We are in the middle of price too high or too low
4. Opportunities in US are less
5. Moderate asset prices and moderate investor psychologies.
Listen to the conference call.
Guru Discussed: Howard Marks: Current Portfolio, Stock Picks
Stocks Discussed: OAK,
Disclaimers: GuruFocus.com is not operated by a broker, a dealer, or a registered investment adviser. Under no circumstances does any information posted on GuruFocus.com represent a recommendation to buy or sell a security. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations. The gurus may buy and sell securities before and after any particular article and report and information herein is published, with respect to the securities discussed in any article and report posted herein. In no event shall GuruFocus.com be liable to any member, guest or third party for any damages of any kind arising out of the use of any content or other material published or available on GuruFocus.com, or relating to the use of, or inability to use, GuruFocus.com or any content, including, without limitation, any investment losses, lost profits, lost opportunity, special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages. Past performance is a poor indicator of future performance. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations. The information on this site is in no way guaranteed for completeness, accuracy or in any other way. The gurus listed in this website are not affiliated with GuruFocus.com, LLC. Stock quotes provided by InterActive Data. Fundamental company data provided by Morningstar, updated daily.