|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries|
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
Donald Yacktman Comments on Possible News Corp Split
Posted by: Dheeraj Grover (IP Logged)
Date: June 27, 2012 09:24AM
Donald Yacktman of Yactman funds was on CNBC to share his views on possible split of News Corp.
Here is what he said:
1. This move points out that there is lot of value in this company.
2. Chase Carey (CEO of News Corp) continues to make a very positive dent in the company.
3. This is being done in a good way which is a spin-off; it will be a tax free transaction.
4. He would like to see more details on what will happen to Dow Jones assets (including the Wall Street Journal) as he thinks that its viewership has good spill on Fox News.
5. Chase Carey will stay with the entertainment company and they have a good bench strength to take over the publishing business.
6. The stock is still cheap, selling at a price less than what it traded at five years ago.
Here is the video. Yacktman comes in after about three minutes:
Guru Discussed: Donald Yacktman: Current Portfolio, Stock Picks
Stocks Discussed: NWSA,