|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries|
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
Wilbur Ross Discusses the Beaten-Down Coal Market
Posted by: CanadianValue (IP Logged)
Date: July 17, 2012 09:11AM
Vulture investing guru Wilbur Ross has considerable experience in the industry with his time spent involved with International Coal (ICO).
If you are a value investor you may now also be looking at coal companies which have stock prices in many cases down 70% from recent highs.
Ross was on CNBC and had some comments on coal:
- The downturn in coal is secular and not just cyclical.
- There has been structural change, the EPA has made a decision that means there won’t be any more coal plants built.
- Natural gas needs to be at least $4/mcf for coal to be even close economically.
- But even if coal is economically equivalent it still is behind because of environmental reasons.
- If he had to pick one coal stock it would be Arch Coal (ACI).
Guru Discussed: Wilbur Ross: Current Portfolio, Stock Picks
Stocks Discussed: ACI, ICO,