|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries|
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
Bob Doll of Blackrock on Consuelo Mack
Posted by: Dheeraj Grover (IP Logged)
Date: July 21, 2012 07:03AM
Bob Doll, Ex chief Equity strategist of Blacrock and now consultant was on Consuelo Mack to discuss his views on the stock market, current valuations and why he think they are the best investment class for the next decade.
Here is the brief summary of this thougts
- Stock market pessimism is over done
- Last decade was worse for stock market returns but thinks that next decade will be best for stocks
- Thinks going forward US stock market will provide a minimum 8% per year returns in coming decade including dividends
- We will slowly heal with interim bumps in the next decade
- Returns on bonds are not their for investments, stocks win the investment race
- Common stocks is returning yields higher than high quality bonds.
- He is most worried about is Europe. All slowdown across the world can be managed but Europe poses systemic risk.
Here is the video:
Re Bob Doll of Blackrock on Consuelo Mack
Posted by: superguru (IP Logged)
Date: July 21, 2012 01:22PM
"Stock market pessimism is over done"
At least in US, Stock prices do not reflect that fact.
"Common stocks is returning yields higher than high quality bonds."
That is not because stocks are cheap but because of flight to safety to US treasury. People who had money in Euro and moved all money to US treasuries yielding 0% before Euro's decline probably feel very smart. Euro has declined around 20+% in last couple of years. And add to it Treasuries going up, that 0% yield does not look so bad at all.