New Threads Only:  Add to Google Reader or Homepage
New Threads & Replies:  Add to Google Reader or Homepage
Forums are for serious investors only. GuruFocus Forum Rules.

Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
New Topic Search
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous123Next
Current Page:2 of 3
Re Outstanding Investor Digest What is going on
Posted by: carlos501b (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2012 04:43AM

Hi Foodboy,
Thank you very much for the detailed reply. Yes, it is indeed tragic that OID has gone the way it has. I have been a subscriber since 2000 and like you I have preserved every single issue since then.
I had asked a similar question of the Berkshire Hathaway board on Fool.com and somebody there had rung OID to find out the situation. They were told that the staff of OID were working on the next issue and expected to have it out by year end ie by 31st December, 2012.
In case you do call OID, could you please post here and let us know the current status ? I will be really very grateful.
Thanks again & best regards,
Carlos de Souza.
Bombay, India.

Rate this post:

Rating: 5.0/5 (1 vote)

Re: Re Outstanding Investor Digest What is going on
Posted by: kent1056 (IP Logged)
Date: April 25, 2012 02:05PM

Just spoke to them..."The editorial staff is working on an issue, when it will be published I cannot say."
They did offer a refund of my balance carried over from Portfolio Reports as well as from OID. She stated that the number of inquiries and complaints "ebbed and flowed" and the the web site is to be
reconfigured.

Rate this post:

Rating: 5.0/5 (1 vote)

Posted by: foodboy (IP Logged)
Date: April 26, 2012 12:45AM

Kent1056,
So, the fact that they will refund your balance of Portfolio Reports implies that they stopped putting that out also (in addition to OID)? It seems that if they have stopped Portfolio Reports, then they are probably going out of business. OID issues require some work, but portfolio reports is 'rote' meaning it's just a computer screen that they publish. I cancelled by Portfolio Reports subscription several years ago, but kept OID. Do you recall when the last issue of Portfolio Reports you received was?

Rate this post:

Rating: 2.0/5 (1 vote)

Posted by: carlos501b (IP Logged)
Date: April 26, 2012 06:35AM

Thanks, Kent 1056. I too am seriously contemplating asking for a refund on my balance issues and closing the chapter. I feel really bad about doing this though. I really liked OID.

Thanks again, much obliged.

Rate this post:

Rating: 4.0/5 (1 vote)

Re: Outstanding Investor Digest? What is going on?
Posted by: Charteroak_2000 (IP Logged)
Date: June 4, 2012 04:51PM

OMG - I just received an issue of OID in the mail today! Hooray !!

Rate this post:

Rating: 5.0/5 (2 votes)

Posted by: JHRandolph (IP Logged)
Date: June 7, 2012 01:03PM

And now, just in time to cloud the waters, we are presented with a new issue on May 25th.

Interesting that he devoted more than half the pages to a single idea... as usual, however, I found it to be well worth my time.

For those who may be out of the loop, it's worth mentioning that Emerson has been through some very difficult times lately-- he mentioned in a previous issue that both his wife and mother passed away in a short period of time (2011, I believe?)...

Rate this post:

Rating: 3.5/5 (2 votes)

Posted by: Charteroak_2000 (IP Logged)
Date: June 9, 2012 10:14AM

It also happens that my subscription is up for renewal... I think I'm going to renew.....

PS: CHK - Could very well be an opportunity....

Rate this post:

Rating: 3.0/5 (1 vote)

Posted by: chihin (IP Logged)
Date: June 20, 2012 04:10AM

I recently received an OID issue dated 25 May 2012 (Vol 25 Nos 1 & 2). The previous issue received was 9 August 2010 (Vol 23 Nos 1 & 2). So there is at least one missing issue in-between.

I have written to OID (by snail mail, both their website and fax machine are not working) to request the missing copy/copies, but have not heard from them yet.

Regards,
Chi Hin

Rate this post:

Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes)

Posted by: mohmand (IP Logged)
Date: January 2, 2013 10:24AM

Does anyone know where I can find older copies/PDFs of OID? In particular interviews with Third Avenue/Whitman and Berkowitz (I have the 1992 transcript). I wish they were like twst.com, where they store and make the PDFs available.

Rate this post:

Posted by: mzhou (IP Logged)
Date: April 16, 2013 09:48PM

Hi Mr. Grayson (Foodboy),

Is it possbile to get a copy of your OID pdf file for my private use?

Thanks,
Michael Zhou (mzhou2020@gmail.com)

Rate this post:

Goto Page:  Previous123Next
Current Page:2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Please Login if you have an account or Create a Free Account if you don't
Get WordPress Plugins for easy affiliate links on Stock Tickers and Guru Names | Earn affiliate commissions by embedding GuruFocus Charts
GuruFocus Affiliate Program: Earn up to $400 per referral. ( Learn More)
Free 7-day Trial
FEEDBACK
Hide