|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries|
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
Wally Weitz on Investing Today
Posted by: CanadianValue (IP Logged)
Date: December 4, 2012 04:38PM
Wally Weitz has been playing the value game for a couple of decades; here is what he is saying today:
- He thinks companies are reasonably valued today, not cheap,
- He is sitting on cash balances of 25% to 30%,
- He is hoping the investing public has a bit of panic and drives down prices 10% or more.
- His ideal company is one that generates more cash than the business needs and has a management team that will deploy that cash intelligently.
- Examples of such companies that Weitz provides are Wells Fargo (WFC), Valeant Pharm (VRX) and Texas Instruments (TXN).
Guru Discussed: Wally Weitz: Current Portfolio, Stock Picks
Stocks Discussed: WFC, VRX, TXN,