|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries|
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
Hedge Fund Legend Lee Cooperman Thinks Fed Has Created an Environment Where Stocks Are the Only Option
Posted by: CanadianValue (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2012 09:08AM
Some of Cooperman's observations:
- His fund is up 30% on the year by being bullish in 2012.
- Doesn't think a recession is probable in 2013 and with current valuations that means stocks won't go down much.
- Thinks federal reserve has created an environment where stocks are the only alternative as a financial asset.
- If a recession were to occur it would be accelerated inflation that forces Fed tightening.
- Trillion dollar deficits and zero interest rates are not sustainable.
Guru Discussed: Leon Cooperman: Current Portfolio, Stock Picks
Stocks Discussed: SPY, DJI, QQQ,