|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries|
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
CNBC Interviews Analyst with a Buy Recommendation on Herbalife
Posted by: CanadianValue (IP Logged)
Date: December 20, 2012 10:12PM
I would not trade places with this gentleman at this point in time. Let's give him a chance to dispute Ackman's short thesis. Here are his main points (it gets a bit testy with Herb Greenberg):
- He is not swayed by Ackman's presentation
- He believes Ackman is defining royalties and overrides in a manner (as a pyramid scheme) that is not accurate.
- In his opinion the royalties and overrides are generated on percentages of real sales and this is not a pyramid scheme.
- He thinks the research referenced by Ackman involved an insignificant amount of product and is not reflective or enough evidence.
- Ackman misses the point that Herbalife is also a service that helps users/members achieve their weight loss goals.
Guru Discussed: Bill Ackman: Current Portfolio, Stock Picks
Stocks Discussed: HLF,
Disclaimers: GuruFocus.com is not operated by a broker, a dealer, or a registered investment adviser. Under no circumstances does any information posted on GuruFocus.com represent a recommendation to buy or sell a security. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations. The gurus may buy and sell securities before and after any particular article and report and information herein is published, with respect to the securities discussed in any article and report posted herein. In no event shall GuruFocus.com be liable to any member, guest or third party for any damages of any kind arising out of the use of any content or other material published or available on GuruFocus.com, or relating to the use of, or inability to use, GuruFocus.com or any content, including, without limitation, any investment losses, lost profits, lost opportunity, special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages. Past performance is a poor indicator of future performance. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations. The information on this site is in no way guaranteed for completeness, accuracy or in any other way. The gurus listed in this website are not affiliated with GuruFocus.com, LLC. Stock quotes provided by InterActive Data. Fundamental company data provided by Morningstar, updated daily.