|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries|
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
John Mauldin of Millennium Wave Has Identified the Macro 'Trade of His Lifetime'
Posted by: CanadianValue (IP Logged)
Date: January 3, 2013 09:59AM
King World News interviewed John Mauldin who is a leading observer of the financial markets and author. He has some interesting observations:
- Mauldin thinks Japan is a bug in search of a windshield and thinks 2013 is the year the bug finds the windshield.
- Believes Japan has kicked the can as far down the road as possible.
- New Japanese leader wants to take the limits off the amount of debt the country has and Mauldin believes this needs to be taken seriously.
- Mauldin thinks the yen is going to make a big reverse over the next decade, and he thinks that is a trade to start putting on.
- He thinks the yen weakening will be one of the great macro trades of his lifetime.
- Japan can’t allow interest rates to rise, so they have to weaken the currency.
- Thinks France is also going to be facing its own Armageddon, as it has been doing everything it possibly can in the wrong direction.
- Relative to France, Mauldin thinks Italy is a beacon of austerity.
- Investors just don’t get how bad a situation France has created for itself.
Listen to the audio here.
Stocks Discussed: SPY, DJI, QQQ,