|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries|
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
John Mauldin of Millennium Wave Has Identified the Macro 'Trade of His Lifetime'
Posted by: CanadianValue (IP Logged)
Date: January 3, 2013 09:59AM
King World News interviewed John Mauldin who is a leading observer of the financial markets and author. He has some interesting observations:
- Mauldin thinks Japan is a bug in search of a windshield and thinks 2013 is the year the bug finds the windshield.
- Believes Japan has kicked the can as far down the road as possible.
- New Japanese leader wants to take the limits off the amount of debt the country has and Mauldin believes this needs to be taken seriously.
- Mauldin thinks the yen is going to make a big reverse over the next decade, and he thinks that is a trade to start putting on.
- He thinks the yen weakening will be one of the great macro trades of his lifetime.
- Japan can’t allow interest rates to rise, so they have to weaken the currency.
- Thinks France is also going to be facing its own Armageddon, as it has been doing everything it possibly can in the wrong direction.
- Relative to France, Mauldin thinks Italy is a beacon of austerity.
- Investors just don’t get how bad a situation France has created for itself.
Listen to the audio here.
Stocks Discussed: SPY, DJI, QQQ,
Disclaimers: GuruFocus.com is not operated by a broker, a dealer, or a registered investment adviser. Under no circumstances does any information posted on GuruFocus.com represent a recommendation to buy or sell a security. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations. The gurus may buy and sell securities before and after any particular article and report and information herein is published, with respect to the securities discussed in any article and report posted herein. In no event shall GuruFocus.com be liable to any member, guest or third party for any damages of any kind arising out of the use of any content or other material published or available on GuruFocus.com, or relating to the use of, or inability to use, GuruFocus.com or any content, including, without limitation, any investment losses, lost profits, lost opportunity, special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages. Past performance is a poor indicator of future performance. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations. The information on this site is in no way guaranteed for completeness, accuracy or in any other way. The gurus listed in this website are not affiliated with GuruFocus.com, LLC. Stock quotes provided by InterActive Data. Fundamental company data provided by Morningstar, updated daily.