|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries|
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
Marc Faber Thinks Investors Should Buy Gold as an Insurance Policy
Posted by: CanadianValue (IP Logged)
Date: January 8, 2013 09:47AM
I still don't "get" how to value gold, other than to know it is a proxy for the confidence people have in our fiscal system.
I do know that I wish I'd owned it over the last ten years.
Marc Faber discusses his latest findings:
- Smaller Asian markets have performed very well since the March 2009 low and likely won't do well in 2013.
- He thinks the loose money that is sloshing around the world will find its way to Asian markets that have underperformed (China, Vietnam, Japan).
- Faber is very negative on 2013, so he doesn't think investors have to own stocks.
- Government intervention in the financial markets are making it extremely hard to make predictions about direction of the markets.
- He doesn't particularly like any asset class at this point in time.
- Faber thinks gold could drop 10% in the short term, but he keeps owning it as an insurance policy.
Stocks Discussed: SPY, DJI, QQQ,
Disclaimers: GuruFocus.com is not operated by a broker, a dealer, or a registered investment adviser. Under no circumstances does any information posted on GuruFocus.com represent a recommendation to buy or sell a security. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations. The gurus may buy and sell securities before and after any particular article and report and information herein is published, with respect to the securities discussed in any article and report posted herein. In no event shall GuruFocus.com be liable to any member, guest or third party for any damages of any kind arising out of the use of any content or other material published or available on GuruFocus.com, or relating to the use of, or inability to use, GuruFocus.com or any content, including, without limitation, any investment losses, lost profits, lost opportunity, special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages. Past performance is a poor indicator of future performance. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations. The information on this site is in no way guaranteed for completeness, accuracy or in any other way. The gurus listed in this website are not affiliated with GuruFocus.com, LLC. Stock quotes provided by InterActive Data. Fundamental company data provided by Morningstar, updated daily.