|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries|
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
Introducing The Dividend Page – New Feature Announcement
Posted by: GuruFocus (IP Logged)
Date: July 25, 2013 04:29AM
GuruFocus just released a new Dividend page. This page is free for all registered members.
Type a stock ticker in our top Search Box, you can now select to go to the Dividend page of the stock. You can also access it from the tab if you are at a stock page. This page has these components:
1. Overview of the dividends
a. Dividend yield
b. Dividend payout ratio
c. Dividend growth rate (5-year average)
d. Divided yield on cost: assuming you will hold the stock for 5 years, this is the dividend yield in 5 years on the price you pay today, assuming the dividend will grow at its current growth rate.
e. Share buyback rate: This is the average rate the company bought back shares over the past 3 years.
2. Total Return Calculator
This calculator calculates the total return, compound annualized return of the stock from the past date. You only need to input your date of purchase. The current stock price and the total dividends you received are added together to get the return of your original investment. No dividend reinvestment was considered in the calculator.
3. Historical dividend growth rates of the stock over the 1-year, 3-year, 5-year, and 10-year periods.
4. Historical dividend data. Premium members can download this data to Excel.
5. Chart: historical dividend
It is always better to buy a good company when it has the highest historical dividend yield.
6. Chart: historical earnings per share and dividends per share
This chart shows you the relationship of dividends per share and earnings per share. If a company can consistently increase its earnings, it is more likely to keep its dividend payment.
7. Chart: dividend payout ratio
A lower dividend payout is preferred. If a company’s dividend payout ratio is 0.5 or less, it is more likely to increase the dividends.
8. This dividend page works for all the 50,000+ stocks in the global markets we cover. With GuruFocus Global Membership you can check the dividends for Canadian, UK, European, Asian, and Australian/New Zealand markets.
As always, we keep adding features to our Free Membership as well as Premium Membership. If you are not a Premium Member, we invite you for a 7-day free trial.
Stocks Discussed: WMT,
Re Introducing The Dividend Page New Feature Announcement
Posted by: Cornelius Chan (IP Logged)
Date: July 27, 2013 12:42PM
Stocks Discussed: WMT,