New Threads Only:  Add to Google Reader or Homepage
New Threads & Replies:  Add to Google Reader or Homepage
Forums are for serious investors only. GuruFocus Forum Rules.

Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In
Elon Musk @ Teslive 2013
Posted by: Henhill69 (IP Logged)
Date: August 29, 2013 10:19AM

The following is an excerpt from Teslive 2013 Transcript @ [size=13px; ]_[/size]http://www.earningsimpact.com/Transcript/83311/TSLA/Tesla-Motors,-Inc----Teslive-2013/Page/1#sthash.A5B5Bvci.jZGMTd7l.dpbs
[size=13px; ]
Elon Musk, Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer and Product Architect:[/size] [color=#595959; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Tahoma, Arial, Verdana, 'Book Antiqua'; font-size: 12.800000190734863px; line-height: normal]
[/color] [size=13px; ]
And I will say that the goal of Tesla is really to accelerate the advents of sustainable transport. So there are plenty of car companies in the world, there's not really a need for a new car company or another [/size]gasoline [size=13px; ] car company or anything like that. But there is a need for a company that's pushing for sustainable transport, something that as we extrapolate into the future, we can see a sort of positive bright future and I actually didn't think that will be necessary to do something like Tesla because at one point when there was the EV1 and the original electric RAV4 that things were kind of headed in the right direction and I thought for sure -- like the EV2 and EV3 and everything will be fine, and then of course that's not what happened.[/size]

And in the beginning, people said well, you're not going to be able to make a car that looks good and goes fast and has a long range and we did and then they said well, nobody is going to buy it. So, then thank you for buying by the way. In fact, I am really deeply appreciative of everyone that bought a Tesla, because without people like you, Tesla won't be around, and it needs people that are forward-thinking that are willing to take a chance on new product and new company and that's critical to making it work.

Continue Reading @ [www.earningsimpact.com]

Stocks Discussed: TSLA,
Rate this post:

Rating: 2.0/5 (1 vote)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Please Login if you have an account or Create a Free Account if you don't
Get WordPress Plugins for easy affiliate links on Stock Tickers and Guru Names | Earn affiliate commissions by embedding GuruFocus Charts
GuruFocus Affiliate Program: Earn up to $400 per referral. ( Learn More)
Free 7-day Trial
FEEDBACK