|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Guru News and Commentaries|
Guru News, Stock picks and commentaries
Passive Long Term Investing: The Best Gurus to Invest in
Posted by: smanchur (IP Logged)
Date: December 1, 2013 12:27AM
I, like everybody else on this site, am investing for the long term. I have been managing my own portfolio for the past 5 years. It is enjoyable. Lots of time is devoted to this exercise. I read articles on Gurufocus and follow the moves of top Gurus. I have had the time to do all of this because I am relatively young, and up until recently, single without children. In the next short while I will be getting married and having children of my own. My career is advancing and work hours are increasing. Available time to focus on companies and investing will dwindle.
What I wish to do with my portfolio from here is to manage around 25% of the funds (like I said, it is enjoyable), but for the other 75% I wish to give it to the masters and let them do what they do best. I have come to realize that it makes far more sense to give my capital to smart investors who have long-term proven track records that follow the value investing philosophy that I have loved from the beginning. If I can focus my time on accumulating capital, ie work, and then passively invest it with top Gurus, that should be a recipe for success, and greatly free up my time for family and other hobbies.
This is where I ask for your comments. What Gurus would you recommend? I want to invest with Gurus that are publicly traded, as I will be adding capital on a monthly basis. I will most likely pick around 5 to invest with. I will probably also allocate more capital to the Guru that has the lowest price/book at the time. To get the list started I have been thinking of Tom Gayner from Markel (MKL), Prem Watsa from Fairfax (FFH.TO), Bruce Berkowitz from Fairholme (FAIRX), and Warren Buffett from Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B).
Stocks Discussed: BRK.B, BRK.A, MKL, FAIRX, FFH.TO,
Disclaimers: GuruFocus.com is not operated by a broker, a dealer, or a registered investment adviser. Under no circumstances does any information posted on GuruFocus.com represent a recommendation to buy or sell a security. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations. The gurus may buy and sell securities before and after any particular article and report and information herein is published, with respect to the securities discussed in any article and report posted herein. In no event shall GuruFocus.com be liable to any member, guest or third party for any damages of any kind arising out of the use of any content or other material published or available on GuruFocus.com, or relating to the use of, or inability to use, GuruFocus.com or any content, including, without limitation, any investment losses, lost profits, lost opportunity, special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages. Past performance is a poor indicator of future performance. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, investment advice or recommendations. The information on this site is in no way guaranteed for completeness, accuracy or in any other way. The gurus listed in this website are not affiliated with GuruFocus.com, LLC. Stock quotes provided by InterActive Data. Fundamental company data provided by Morningstar, updated daily.