New Threads Only:  Add to Google Reader or Homepage
New Threads & Replies:  Add to Google Reader or Homepage
Forums are for serious investors only. GuruFocus Forum Rules.

Forum List » Business News and Headlines
SEC Filings, Earing Reports, Press Releases
New Topic Search
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
ZipRealty Reports Equity Issuances to New Chief Financial Officer
Posted by: gurufocus (IP Logged)
Date: December 16, 2008 04:07PM

EMERYVILLE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ZipRealty, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZIPR) today announced that in accordance with NASDAQ Marketplace Rule 4350, it has issued equity to the Company’s new Chief Financial Officer, Charles Press Release: ZipRealty Reports Equity Issuances to New Chief Financial Officer ZipRealty Inc. provides home sellers and buyers with an innovative real estate solution. By using the efficiencies of the Internet ZipRealty has streamlined the real estate process and is able to pass significant savings on to their clients. ZipRealty Inc. has a market cap of $49.43 million; its shares were traded at around $2.555 with and P/S ratio of 0.48. More on ZIPR: Gurus buys and sells of ZIPR 10-year financial history of ZIPR. Insider buys/sells of ZIPR.

Press Release:

EMERYVILLE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ZipRealty, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZIPR) today announced that in accordance with NASDAQ Marketplace Rule 4350, it has issued equity to the Company’s new Chief Financial Officer, Charles C. (Lanny) Baker, as an inducement in connection with his hire.

On December 11, 2008, the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors of the Company approved a grant to Mr. Baker of an option to purchase 325,000 shares of the Company's common stock. The stock option has an exercise price equal to $2.56 per share, which was the closing price of ZipRealty's common stock on the date the option was granted. The option has a ten-year term and will vest as follows: 25% of the shares will vest on the first anniversary date of commencement of Mr. Baker’s employment, and the remaining 75% of the shares will vest in 36 equal monthly increments during the following three years, as long as Mr. Baker remains in service with the Company. In addition, the Compensation Committee approved a stock purchase agreement with Mr. Baker for his purchase of 80,000 shares of the Company’s common stock held in treasury, also at a price of $2.56 per share. Both the stock option and the stock purchase agreement were granted outside of the Company’s stock plans and without stockholder approval pursuant to NASDAQ Marketplace Rule 4350(i)(1)(A)(iv).

In addition, the Compensation Committee approved a restricted stock award agreement with Mr. Baker for 25,000 shares of the Company’s common stock, with 6,250 of the shares to vest on June 4, 2009 and each six months thereafter until fully vested, provided Mr. Baker remains employed by or in a service relationship with the Company. The restricted stock award agreement was granted under the Company’s 2004 Equity Incentive Plan.

About ZipRealty

ZipRealty is a full-service residential real estate brokerage firm. The Company utilizes its user-friendly website and employee real estate agents to provide homebuyers and sellers with high-quality service and value. ZipRealty's website provides users with access to comprehensive local Multiple Listing Services home listings data, as well as other relevant market and neighborhood information. The Company's proprietary business management system and technology platform help to reduce costs, allowing the Company to pass on significant savings to consumers. Founded in 1999, the company operates in 35 major markets in 20 states and the District of Columbia. For more information on ZipRealty, visit www.ziprealty.com or call 1-800-CALL-ZIP.

Source: BusinessWire More on ZIPR: Gurus buys and sells of ZIPR 10-year financial history of ZIPR. Insider buys/sells of ZIPR.


Stocks Discussed: ZIPR,
Rate this post:




Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Please Login if you have an account or Create a Free Account if you don't




Get WordPress Plugins for easy affiliate links on Stock Tickers and Guru Names | Earn affiliate commissions by embedding GuruFocus Charts
GuruFocus Affiliate Program: Earn up to $400 per referral. ( Learn More)
Free 7-day Trial