New Threads Only:  Add to Google Reader or Homepage
New Threads & Replies:  Add to Google Reader or Homepage
Forums are for serious investors only. GuruFocus Forum Rules.

Forum List » Value Ideas and Strategies
Share and discuss value investing ideas and investing strategies.
New Topic Search
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
LINN: Leon Cooperman vs. Hedgeye Risk Management
Posted by: LwC (IP Logged)
Date: July 2, 2013 02:08PM

LINN: Leon Cooperman vs. Hedgeye Risk Management

I've been following the series of articles and letters-to-the-editor in Barron's about LINN's purported lack of transparency and resulting misleading of investors in financial disclosures.

The Barron's reporting is largely based on analysis by Hedgeye. Cooperman owns an interest in LINN (or it's proxy LinnCo) and has jumped into the fray by responding to the Barron's coverage through a letter-to-the-editor. Hedgeye has been defending its analysis, most recently by posting on its website an annotated commentary of Cooperman's published critique of Hedgeye's analysis, which can be found at this link:

[docs.hedgeye.com]

Forbes.com has published an article today about the controversy, reporting that LINN has revealed that it is under investigation by the SEC over the issues:

[www.forbes.com]

Disclosure: I do not own any interest in LINN or its affiliates. I am following this controversy out of curiosity and also to learn more about the nature of financial reporting by companies.

Rate this post:

Rating: 2.0/5 (3 votes)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Please Login if you have an account or Create a Free Account if you don't
Get WordPress Plugins for easy affiliate links on Stock Tickers and Guru Names | Earn affiliate commissions by embedding GuruFocus Charts
GuruFocus Affiliate Program: Earn up to $400 per referral. ( Learn More)
Free 7-day Trial
FEEDBACK
Hide