New Threads Only:  Add to Google Reader or Homepage
New Threads & Replies:  Add to Google Reader or Homepage
Forums are for serious investors only. GuruFocus Forum Rules.

Forum List » Suggest New Gurus
Please suggest us the new gurus at this board. We have received a lot of suggestions. Please discuss on this board for new guru additions.
New Topic Search
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Randolph McDuff
Posted by: AlbertaSunwapta (IP Logged)
Date: February 25, 2011 09:00AM

I'd like to suggest Canadian Randolph McDuff who runs the RMG1 portfolio on Marketocracy. I've followed him for a couple years now but sure wish I'd been following his moves for the past decade.

One stock he'd made a viable case for was NVO which I 'out and out' copycatted. In my account it's gone from under 50 to over 120 where I sold out - possibly mistakenly so.

His alpha according to the site is over 18%.

[m100.marketocracy.com]

Rate this post:

Rating: 3.4/5 (5 votes)

Re: Randolph McDuff
Posted by: batbeer2 (IP Logged)
Date: February 26, 2011 07:58AM

Hi AlbertaSunwapta,

If memory serves, his integrity is questionable.... google.

Rate this post:

Rating: 3.8/5 (4 votes)

Date: February 26, 2011 08:49PM

Yes now that you mention that when I first started to read about him I recall some very negative stories. (I'd actually forgotten all about those opinions.) Was there any thing of substance?

I seem to recall that his problems arose when he was a broker or something. Hopefully those issues are in his past and of no relevance to his current, seemingly great, stock picking abilities.

Can you post any links about those integrity issues?

"It's 99% of traders who give the rest a bad name." :-)

Back to stock picking - here's a discussion of his on railroads...

http://www.stockhouse.com/Blogs/ViewDetailedPost.aspx?p=93063

Rate this post:

Rating: 2.6/5 (5 votes)

Date: February 27, 2011 04:54AM

Randolph McDuff's investment record is probably genuine and certainly impressive. His record at Marketocracy speaks for itself. I personally wouldn't object if gurufocus starts tracking his picks, but it's good to know the full story.

Here, McDuff is named in an investigation into 11m worth of fraud. [www.cartac.org]

Here, the company settles. MSC publishes some details of McDuff's behaviour. [www.msc.gov.mb.ca]

Here's an opinion by the national post. [www.investorvoice.ca]

Rate this post:

Rating: 2.4/5 (8 votes)

Date: February 27, 2011 03:47PM

BTW.... thanks for that link. That analysis of KSU is worth reading !

Rate this post:

Rating: 3.5/5 (6 votes)

Date: February 28, 2011 08:02AM

Fascinating. Thanks for the research!

Now was it a problem with clients having having a bad advisor, or an advisor having bad clients. As we've seen a couple times in the past number of years, a lot of people should not be investing in equity markets.

Rate this post:

Rating: 3.4/5 (5 votes)

Posted by: thsky (IP Logged)
Date: March 3, 2011 07:43PM

The moment you see the WoW Gold, I believe you would think of the Cheap WoW Gold. Yes , it is not hard for you to combine Buy Maplestory Mesos with the Maple Story NX Cash Card. Now many people are interested in the game. Would you like to play it? And how much do you know about Cheap Maplestory Mesos? Just have a go!

Rate this post:

Rating: 3.4/5 (7 votes)

Date: May 17, 2011 12:19PM

another link... However, in seeing his investment record over the past decade I would sure love to see what some of the former clients think now. Were they valid concerns, did he learn on their backs or what? Nonetheless, I'm only interested in idea generation and reading buy/sell rationales.

[rate.forbes.com]

Rate this post:

Rating: 3.6/5 (5 votes)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Please Login if you have an account or Create a Free Account if you don't
Get WordPress Plugins for easy affiliate links on Stock Tickers and Guru Names | Earn affiliate commissions by embedding GuruFocus Charts
GuruFocus Affiliate Program: Earn up to $400 per referral. ( Learn More)
Free 7-day Trial
FEEDBACK