New Threads Only:  Add to Google Reader or Homepage
New Threads & Replies:  Add to Google Reader or Homepage
Forums are for serious investors only. GuruFocus Forum Rules.

Forum List » Suggest New Gurus
Please suggest us the new gurus at this board. We have received a lot of suggestions. Please discuss on this board for new guru additions.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In
Oceania Guru
Posted by: TTrotter (IP Logged)
Date: May 8, 2013 11:10PM

Hi There,

Now that GuruFocus is covering Oceania, the Australian and New Zealand markets, you need some Gurus for these markets. One suggestion I could make is Roger Montgomery (rogermontgomery.com). Roger is a true value investor and one of the main value investors I follow in our neck of the woods He has written books on value investing, co-foundered MyClime (myclime.com.au) and recently foundered Skaffold (skaffold.com.au). I think, if he is willing, that he would be a valuable addition to your list of Gurus.

Cheers.

Disclosure: I have no affiliation with Roger Montgomery other than having read his book and blogs.

Rate this post:

Rating: 3.0/5 (3 votes)

Re: Oceania Guru
Posted by: gurufocus (IP Logged)
Date: May 9, 2013 04:55AM

hi Thank you for the suggestion.

We are not familiar with Australia. What other funds are good? Is there an government organization like SEC where we can find the funds' portfolios?

Rate this post:

Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes)

Oceania Guru
Posted by: TTrotter (IP Logged)
Date: May 9, 2013 07:28PM

I'm actually a New Zealander, but have NZ and Australian (as well as US) shares.

Sorry, I don't know which funds are best, as I manage my own direct share investments.

The New Zealand exchange is managed by NZX (www.nzx.com) with the New Zealand Government's Financial Markets Authority (www.fma.govt.nz) being the regulatory body keeping an eye on them.

Australia has a similar set up with the Australian Exchange managed by ASX (www.asx.com.au) and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (www.ASIC.gov.au) being their regulatory body.

Not sure that any of the above have information on funds though. You could try www.morningstar.co.nz which just provides information on funds.

Cheers,
Dougal.

Rate this post:

Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Please Login if you have an account or Create a Free Account if you don't
Get WordPress Plugins for easy affiliate links on Stock Tickers and Guru Names | Earn affiliate commissions by embedding GuruFocus Charts
GuruFocus Affiliate Program: Earn up to $400 per referral. ( Learn More)
Free 7-day Trial
FEEDBACK