New Threads Only:  Add to Google Reader or Homepage
New Threads & Replies:  Add to Google Reader or Homepage
Forums are for serious investors only. GuruFocus Forum Rules.

Forum List » Suggest New Gurus
Please suggest us the new gurus at this board. We have received a lot of suggestions. Please discuss on this board for new guru additions.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In
New europe and spanish guru
Posted by: ricardo_1972 (IP Logged)
Date: June 13, 2013 11:51AM

I would suggest Francisco Parames from Bestinver Asset Management. Bestinver Bolsa is the only spanish fund that has outperform the Ibex 35 index, and has a 446% return since 1998. The Europe fund Bestinver International has a return of 345% since 1998.

Rate this post:

Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes)

Re: New europe and spanish guru
Posted by: vgm (IP Logged)
Date: June 13, 2013 03:03PM

I would be very enthusiastic about including Parames and Bestinver. Excellent idea!

Rate this post:

Posted by: gurufocus (IP Logged)
Date: June 19, 2013 02:30PM

We looked into these investors and they are great. We would like to add them. We found their portfolios but cannot find the ones with number of shares listed. Any hint there?

Rate this post:

Date: June 20, 2013 06:05AM

Can you calculate the number of shares for each holding from the total fund AUM and the percentages of each holding in the fund?

These figures can be found here under Portfolio and Factsheet:
[www.bestinver.com]
:585f:http://www.bestinver.com/fondoBestinfond.aspx:/585f:#

The historical data for Bestinver funds is also available here as you will see.

Rate this post:

Date: June 20, 2013 06:28AM

The last information is www.bestinver.es than you have to go to funds and then to legal. There are the portfolios not number of shares but the weighting. I would recomend bestinver bolsa for the iberian fund (Spain + Portugal) and bestinfond (International +Iberian) or bestinver internacional (IInternational - Iberian) for the global fund

Rate this post:

Date: June 20, 2013 06:29AM

The Global Fund are European stocks mostly

Rate this post:

Posted by: gurufocus (IP Logged)
Date: June 20, 2013 02:01PM

The problem is if we calculate the number of shares from the value of the stocks, it will not be accurate. It will be great if we get the numbers of shares as we do for US gurus.

Rate this post:

Date: June 21, 2013 05:45AM

I agree accurate numbers are ideal. But a good approximation (which would be indicated as such on GF) could still be useful and better than nothing.

There's information on the FT website (Institutional Shareholders/Movers). For example, it shows that Bestinver bought 16.08M shares of Morrison Supermarkets recently, to give a total of 16.12M:
[markets.ft.com]

That's completely accurate, but the same information is not available for all Bestinver holdings. I believe their BMW is a preferred and is not given by FT.

Ricardo - do you know if there's any information on Bestinver holdings on the Spanish stock market website?

Rate this post:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Please Login if you have an account or Create a Free Account if you don't
Get WordPress Plugins for easy affiliate links on Stock Tickers and Guru Names | Earn affiliate commissions by embedding GuruFocus Charts
GuruFocus Affiliate Program: Earn up to $400 per referral. ( Learn More)
Free 7-day Trial
FEEDBACK