New Threads Only:  Add to Google Reader or Homepage
New Threads & Replies:  Add to Google Reader or Homepage
Forums are for serious investors only. GuruFocus Forum Rules.

Forum List » How to Use GuruFocus
Questions regarding to the features on GuruFocus.com. Suggestions of new features.
New Topic Search
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
How to use GuruFocus?
Posted by: ju (IP Logged)
Date: November 11, 2010 10:45PM

I am new subscriber. This site has very poor instructions on how to use various features on this site. You have just couple of tutorials about two topics, that's it! You really need to have a context related help.

For example, may be i am not looking in the right place, I need to see teh "latest picks" for only "my gurus" and not the entire list. But clicking on the Guru stock--- latest picks gives everything about all the gurus, totally unnecessary info for me. How about creating something where I can get only the latest buys only for only my gurus not the whole thing for a three months?

How about "premium screens" --- "real time picks" : It generates 16 pages of real time picks for all gurus over the last 60 days. How about doing it for only My gurus and only for the most recent posting or something rather than whole 60 days?

And all the lists that are generated, there is no button for a "printable version". One is not able to write all that info. How about creating a "Print page" that will print all pages in the list rather than having to print one page at a time.

One of the lists has a "Download" button. But it did not seem to work with the "Excel viewer". Is there another way I can view that?

These are just a few questions I came up with right away. May be the answers to these already exist somewhere? Thanks.

Rate this post:

Rating: 4.5/5 (4 votes)

Re: How to use GuruFocus?
Posted by: gurufocus (IP Logged)
Date: November 12, 2010 06:34AM

Thank you for signing up our Premium Membership.

1. To see only your Gurus, please go to "Personalize" above the top Guru Dropdown list, and select "Completely Ignore them" for other gurus.

2. To see your Gurus' picks, the best place is in the drop down menu, the first choice "All My Guru Stocks".

3. If you did not select "Completely Ignore them" for other gurus, on every page, there is a link "

Hide other managers. with which you can hide other Gurus on that page.

4. Regarding the Excel Download, all these excel files are created on the fly with up to date information. This cannot be done with Excel Viewer. We will look into this.

5. Regarding to print, since a lot of times there are different options for the same page, it is hard to do as you said. We are creating a complete PDF file for a lot of pages, maybe that will make things better.

Thank you for the feedback.

GuruFocus.

Rate this post:

Rating: 5.0/5 (3 votes)

Date: November 12, 2010 07:54AM

Thanks for your prompt reply. I did not quite get the #2 above. On the drop down menu, i do not see a choice of "All my Guru stocks". Only thing that is there is "Guru stocks" and in the submenu, i don't see a choice of "all my guru stocks"?

Rate this post:

Rating: 3.8/5 (4 votes)

Date: November 12, 2010 07:59AM

"All my Guru stocks" is the first choice in the list.

Rate this post:

Rating: 3.3/5 (3 votes)

Date: November 15, 2010 05:43PM

I still did not get it!

From the main menu (Home, guru stocks, --- and so on, pick what??? and then what?

Rate this post:

Rating: 3.0/5 (2 votes)

Date: November 15, 2010 08:29PM

On the top, above the row of horizontal menu.

List of Gurus (Personalize),

It says: --Please Select--, the first choice of that.

Rate this post:

Rating: 3.5/5 (4 votes)

Date: November 15, 2010 08:35PM

A link to "All My Guru Stocks" are also added in the second Menu "Guru Picks";

Rate this post:

Rating: 3.5/5 (2 votes)

Stock Screener- Weighted Top Holdings
Posted by: kkesler (IP Logged)
Date: March 3, 2012 04:54PM

I am new to the site. Is there a way to do a screen for the top weighted holdings of the Gurus? In other words do a seach of stocks which have a least a 5% weight 10 selected gurus portfolios? Thanks.

Rate this post:

Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes)

Posted by: no1kcfan6@facebook (IP Logged)
Date: August 30, 2013 12:09PM

I'm not particularly impressed with this web site. It's difficult to use and navigate. And the forum is very inactive. I don't think I'll be extending my free-trial membership.

Rate this post:

Date: August 30, 2013 12:50PM

no1kcfan6@facebook, if there is anything that we can do to help, please let us know.

Did you see this:

1. How to use GuruFocus - Tutorial (PDF, Updated April 2013)

Rate this post:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Please Login if you have an account or Create a Free Account if you don't
Get WordPress Plugins for easy affiliate links on Stock Tickers and Guru Names | Earn affiliate commissions by embedding GuruFocus Charts
GuruFocus Affiliate Program: Earn up to $400 per referral. ( Learn More)
Free 7-day Trial
FEEDBACK
Hide