|New Threads Only:|
|New Threads & Replies:|
Forum List » Income Investors' Forum|
Ideas for Income Investors. High Dividend Stocks, Mutual Funds etc.
10 Dividend Paying S&P 500 Stocks Near Their 52-Week Lows
Posted by: Roadmap2Retire (IP Logged)
Date: May 12, 2014 11:17AM
It is hard to find a bargain in the U.S. market these days. The major indices are at their all-time high and bond yields are close to their all-time lows. Stocks have had quite a run up and investors hunting for income have driven up the prices of most dividend paying stocks. However, there are still a handful of companies in the S&P 500 that are near their 52-week lows at these stratospheric levels of the index.
The following list has been screened for only dividend payers belonging to the S&P 500 index with a current price of 0% to 5% above their 52-week lows. The screener has yielded one company in Basic Materials sector, four in Consumer Goods, two in Financials, two in Technology and one in Services. Without any further ado, here are the companies that fit the criteria.
1. Avon Products Inc. (AVP) manufactures and markets beauty and related products with operations all over the world. The major categories of products include beauty products, fashion products home products and nutritional products. The stock is currently priced at $13.60, which is 2.87% higher than its 52-week low of $13.22. AVP yields 1.76% and has seen six different insiders purchase the stock this month.
2. Citigroup Inc. (C) is a diversified financial services holding company, provides various financial products and services to consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions. The company's Global Consumer Banking segment provides traditional banking services to retail customers through retail banking, commercial banking, Citi-branded cards, and Citi retail services. It offers various banking, credit card lending, and investment services through a network of local branches, offices, and electronic delivery systems. The stock is trading at $46.99, which is 4.38% higher than its 52-week low of $45.02. The stock yields 0.09%.
3. Coach Inc. (COH) is a popular brand in fashion, especially handbags. The company also makes accessories, wearables, jewelry, sun-wear, travel bags, watches and fragrances. Coach Inc. markets its products to consumers through a network of company-operated stores in North America and Asia. In addition the company sells its products to wholesale customers and distributors in approximately 25 countries. The stock is currently trading at $42.12, which is 1.2% higher than its 52-week low of $41.62. The stock yields 3.21%.
4. Family Dollar Stores Inc. (FDO) operates a chain of self-service retail discount stores primarily for low- and middle-income consumers in the U.S. FDO currently operates 8,100 stores in 46 states. Merchandises include consumables such as household chemicals, paper products, food products, health and beauty aids, hardware and automotive supplies, pet food and supplies, and tobacco, home products and fashion accessories. FDO is currently trading at $57.84, which is 3.86% higher than the 52-week low of $55.69. The stock yields 2.14%.
5. International Game Technology (IGT),a gaming company, designs, develops, manufactures, and markets casino-style gaming equipment, systems technology, and game content for land-based and online markets worldwide. The company offers casino-style games; casino-style slot machines that determine the game play outcome at the machine; wide area progressive jackpot systems with linked machines across various casinos; and central determination system machines connected to a central server, which determines the game outcome, encompassing video lottery terminals used primarily in government-sponsored applications and electronic or video bingo machines. IGT is trading at $12.22, just 0.49% above the 52-week low of $12.16. The stock yields 3.6%.
6. Loews Corp (L) Loews Corporation operates primarily as a commercial property and casualty insurance company. The company provides risk management, information, warranty and claims administration services; management and professional liability insurance and other specialized property and casualty coverage; commercial surety and fidelity bonds; and warranty and alternative risk services for vehicles. It is also involved in the transportation and storage of natural gas and natural gas liquids (NGLs), and gathering and processing of natural gas. Loews is currently trading at $43.25, which is 1.6% higher than the 52-week low price of $42.57. The stock yields 0.58%.
7. Leucadia National Corp (LUK) through its subsidiary, Jefferies Group LLC, primarily operates in the investment banking and capital markets sector. The company also owns and holds investments in various other businesses, including beef processing, manufacturing, energy projects, asset management and real estate. It is engaged in equities research, sales and trading activities; financing, securities lending, and other prime brokerage; wealth management; fixed income sales and trading; futures, foreign exchange products, and commodities trading; and equity and debt financing activities, as well as provides equity capital markets, debt capital markets, financial advisory, mergers and acquisition, and restructuring and recapitalization services in the Americas, Europe and Asia. The company also processes, packages, and delivers boxed beef, ground beef, hides, tallow, and other beef and beef by-products. Leucadia is currently trading at $25.60, which is 4.36% higher than the 52-week low of $24.53. The stock yields 0.98%.
8. NetApp Inc. (NTAP) engages in design, manufacture, and marketing of networked storage solutions. The company supplies enterprise storage and data management software and hardware products and services. It offers FAS Storage Platform based on Data ONTAP, an operating system (OS) that supports storage area network (SAN) and network-attached storage (NAS) environments; storage efficiency technologies, such as FlexVol, FlexClone and Deduplication technologies; and storage management and application integration software comprising OnCommand management software that controls, automates and analyzes shared storage infrastructures. NetApp is currently trading at $34.19, which is 2.55% above the 52-week low of $33.34. The stock yields 1.75%.
9. Rowan Companies Inc. (RDC) Rowan Companies Plc provides offshore oil and gas contract drilling services. The company owns and operates 30 self-elevating mobile offshore jack-up drilling units and ultra-deepwater drill ships. It operates in the UK and Norwegian sectors of the North Sea, the Middle East, the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, Southeast Asia, West Africa, Trinidad and Egypt. Rowan is currently trading at $30.86, which is 3.17% higher than its 52-week low of $29.91. The stock yields 1.3%.
10. Ralph Lauren Corp (RL) designs, markets, and distributes lifestyle products worldwide. It offers apparel, including a range of men's, women's and children's clothing; accessories, home products and fragrances. The company sells its products under various brand names and sells its products to department stores, specialty stores, and golf and pro shops, as well as through its retail stores, concession-based shop-within-shops, and its e-commerce sites. Ralph Lauren is currently trading at $148.81, which is 2.22% higher than the 52-week low price of $145.58. The stock yields 1.21%.
Do you own any of these stocks? The stocks may provide some attractive valuation and will need further research before investing.
Full Disclosure: None. My full list of holdings can be found here.
Stocks Discussed: AVP, C, COH, FDO, IGT, L, LUK, NTAP, RDC, RL,