A Canadian Blue Chip Is Born! (TSE:X)142 views 2012-02-28 21:34 Tags: Canadian blue chip stock exchange
Congratulations to TMX Group (TSE:X) on achieving ten years of consecutive annual dividend payments!
TMX Group is Canada's stock exchange that trades on the TSE as symbol X; its current market cap is 3.21B. The company paid out its first quarterly dividend for 2012 on February 22 -- which brings its consecutive annual dividend payments to an even 10; one of 2 criteria essential for blue chip status. As far as U.S/Canadian publicly traded stock exchanges are concerned, TMX Group is the first to reach blue chip status, beating out larger companies in the industry; companies like CME Group (19.31B), IntercontinentalExchange (10.15B), NYSE Euronext (8.00B), NASDAQ OMX Group (4.72B) and CBOE Holdings (3.71B).
Incidentally and interestingly, TMX Group beat CME Group to blue chip status by a month; both TMX and CME began dividend payments in '03. TMX paid out in February and CME paid out in March.
Some quick X statistics:
- Stock history: 2002 - 2012
- Dividend history: 2003 - 2012
- Current (annual) dividend yield: 3.72%
- 10-year average yield: 4.39% (inc. 2003 special dividend of $2.50)
- 10-year share price high: $57.22
- 10-year share price low: $10.28
- My preset buy price: $17.50