1. Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT): Kurt Delbene and Steven J. Sinofsky, officers of Microsoft, were exercising their options at $25.14 and selling them during the past week. Two weeks ago Chief Research Strategy Officer, Craig J. Mundie, exercised 248 thousand options and sold them at $28 a pop. In November Bill Gates sold 8 million shares under a 10b5-1 plan. However, the biggest insider sale was made by Steve Balmer, who sold 75 million shares and netted nearly $2 Billion.
2. International Rectifier Corporation (NYSE:IRF): International Rectifier’s Chief Operations Officer, Michael Barrow, sold 7,915 shares at prices between $29.78 and $29.87. Last year insiders in IRF were buying when the stock price was around $14.
3. Peets Coffee & Tea Inc (PEET): Patrick Odea, CEO of Peets Coffee & Tea, has been exercising his options and selling stock during December. Tom Cawley, CFO of Peets Coffee & Tea, also exercised and sold 29,000 shares and netted nearly $700,000.
4. Advent Software Inc (NASDAQ:ADVS): John P. Brennan, SVP Human Resources of Advent Software, exercised and sold 7,500 options. The net proceeds of this transaction was nearly $300,000.Stephanie Dimarco, CEO of ADVS, sold 20,000 shares under a 10b5-1 plan, netting more than $1 Million.
5. Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM): Marc Benioff, CEO and Chairman of the board of CRM, sold 800,000 shares since September 1st for a total of around $100 Million. Marc Benioff still has some 10 million shares and he’s been consistently selling about 10,000 shares a day under a 10b5-1 plan. He had more than 13 million shares at the beginning of 2010. So, in one year he disposed of 3 million shares. George Hu, EVP of Marketing of Salesforce.com, has been exercising his options and selling them under a 10b5-1 plan as well.
6. Morningstar Inc (NASDAQ:MORN): Tao Huang, COO of Morningstar, has been exercising and selling 100 shares a day under a 10b5-1 plan. Another insider, Elizabeth Kirscher, was doing the same thing on a larger scale in December.
7. Alpha Natural Resources (ANR): Three insiders of Alpha Natural Resources, Kevin S. Crutchfield, Eddie W. Neely, and Vaughn R. Groves sold shares under 10b5-1 plans on December 30th. Michael R. Peelish exercised 20,000 shares and netted more than $1 million on December 29th.