GuruFocus Premium Membership

Serving Intelligent Investors since 2004. Only 96 cents a day.

Free Trial

Free 7-day Trial
All Articles and Columns »

Western Alliance Ban Corp. Reports Operating Results (10-K)

March 07, 2011 | About:
insider

10qk

18 followers
Western Alliance Ban Corp. (WAL) filed Annual Report for the period ended 2001-12-31.

Western Alliance Ban Corp. has a market cap of $648.45 million; its shares were traded at around $7.94 with and P/S ratio of 1.97.

Highlight of Business Operations:

Through its banking segments, the Company provides a variety of financial services to customers, including commercial real estate loans, construction and land development loans, commercial loans, and consumer loans. The Companys lending has focused primarily on meeting the needs of business customers. Loans to businesses comprised 85.9% and 84.1% of the total loan portfolio at December 31, 2010 and 2009, respectively.

Commercial Real Estate (CRE): Loans to finance the purchase of CRE and loans to finance inventory and working capital that are additionally secured by CRE make up the majority of our loan portfolio. These CRE loans are secured by apartment buildings, professional offices, industrial facilities, retail centers and other commercial properties. As of December 31, 2010 and 2009, 54.1% and 53.9% of our CRE loans were owner-occupied. Owner-occupied commercial real estate loans are loans secured by owner-occupied nonfarm nonresidential properties for which the primary source of repayment (more than 50%) is the cash flow from the ongoing operations and activities conducted by the borrower who owns the property. Non-owner-occupied commercial real estate loans are commercial real estate loans for which the primary source of repayment is nonaffiliated rental income associated with the collateral property.

Loans to One Borrower. In addition to the limits set forth above, subject to certain exceptions, state banking law generally limits the amount of funds that a bank may lend to a single borrower. Under Nevada law, the combination of investments in private securities and total amount of outstanding loans that a bank may make to a single borrower generally may not exceed 25% of stockholders tangible equity. Under Arizona law, the obligations of one borrower to a bank generally may not exceed 20% of the banks capital, plus an additional 10% of its capital if the additional amounts are fully secured by readily marketable collateral. Under California law, the unsecured obligations of any one borrower to a bank generally may not exceed 15% of the sum of the banks shareholders equity, allowance for credit losses, capital notes and debentures; and the secured and unsecured obligations of any one borrower to a bank generally may not exceed 25% of the sum of the banks shareholders equity, allowance for credit losses, capital notes and debentures.

Read the The complete Report

About the author:

10qk
GuruFocus - Stock Picks and Market Insight of Gurus

Rating: 3.7/5 (3 votes)

Comments

Please leave your comment:


Get WordPress Plugins for easy affiliate links on Stock Tickers and Guru Names | Earn affiliate commissions by embedding GuruFocus Charts
GuruFocus Affiliate Program: Earn up to $400 per referral. ( Learn More)
Free 7-day Trial
FEEDBACK