Professional Value Investing Tools at Affordable Prices

Try It 100% for 7 Days!

Jacob Wolinsky
Jacob Wolinsky
Articles  | Author's Website |

Robert Shiller on the Housing Market

I found three recent videos of Robert Shiller discussing the housing market. He is pretty bearish and thinks the market might remain weak for years to come.

Below are the videos:

Robert Shiller on Fox Business News:

Watch the latest video

Robert Shiller, noted Yale professor and co-founder of the S&P Case-Shiller Index, warns the housing market slump will likely continue for years to come.

There is no embed code for this one, but here is Robert Shiller and Carl Case on Bloomberg News:

Disclosure: None

Jacob Wolinsky
My investment ideas have been inspired by many of value investors including Benjamin Graham, Charles Royce, John Neff, Joel Greenblatt, Peter Lynch, Seth Klarman,Martin Whitman and Bruce Greenwald. .I live with my wife and daughter in Monsey, NY. I can be contacted jacobwolinsky(AT) and my blog is

Visit Jacob Wolinsky's Website

Rating: 4.1/5 (12 votes)

W1omega - 4 years ago
Ironic that smart men like Schiller speak cautiously while ppl like Trump sound so sure of themselves.
Paulji2001 - 4 years ago

I have to disagree with Schiller. Places such as LA have seen strong demand for housing. Especially in areas such as Downtown, Mid Wilshire, and Koreatown.
NobleG1 - 4 years ago
Paulji2001, demand could be strong, but this could be occuring at distressed price levels...

Yswolinsky - 4 years ago
Lol #1 so true!!
Paulji2001 - 4 years ago

Bill Ackman is forecasting housing prices to double in 5-10 years.
Yswolinsky - 4 years ago
Interesting where did you see that?
Paulji2001 - 4 years ago

It was on a CNBC interview about a year or 2 ago.
Yswolinsky - 4 years ago
Thanks Ill check for it. Dreman also is bullish on housing.
Kfh227 premium member - 4 years ago

I don't see housing prices going anywhere for atelast 5 years.

And with energy prices going up and the US gov't not doing anything to move to natural gas (like it should be), people in colder cliamtes are going to want smaller homes. I'm personally thinking of downsizing due to heating costs.

So, while a housing recovery will happen, it might be in smaller homes. Even with higher commodity prices, smaller homes would act as a sort of yin-yang style mechnism in terms of pricing.