Information is powerful, but its sheer volume can be overwhelming. Screens and filters allow us to condense vast amounts of data into the targeted information we are looking for. This is the first installment of a new series where I screen for one or more attributes in my database (D4L-Data) and present the information in its raw form. Obviously, this is not a buy list but a potential idea list that will require additional due diligence.
It seems that yield is always on the mind of income investors, so I decided to screen first on yield and present the 10 highest yielding stocks:
- 8.42% Vector Group Ltd. (NYSE:VGR)
- 7.60% Getty Realty Corp. (NYSE:GTY)
- 7.30% Courier Corporation (NASDAQ:CRRC)
- 7.30% Investors Real Estate Trust (NYSE:IRET)
- 7.25% Omega Healthcare Investors Inc. (NYSE:OHI)
- 6.71% CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE:CTL)
- 6.53% TC Pipelines, LP (TCLP)
- 6.42% Suburban PropanePartners LP (NYSE:SPH)
- 6.25% Plains All American Pipeline LP (NYSE:PAA)
- 6.24% Buckeye Partners LP (NYSE:BPL)
No surprises here. The list is dominated by REITs, MLPs and troubled industries. A high yield is an indication of higher risk, so caveat emptor!
D4L-Data is an Open Office spreadsheet containing more than 20 columns of information on the 200-plus companies that I track. The data is sortable and has built-in buttons and macros to make it easy to use. Companies included in the list are those that have had a history of dividend growth. The D4L-Data spreadsheet is a part of D4L-Premium Services and is updated each Saturday for subscribers.
Full Disclosure: Long CTL. See a list of all my income holdings here.
- 13 Dividend Stocks and 3 ETFs To Balance Your Asset Allocation
- 17 Stocks With Room To Grow Their Dividend
- We Were Dividends, Before Dividends Were Cool
- 12 Dividend Stocks Delivering The Secret To Success
- 12 Dividend Stocks For A Rainy Day
- High Yield Dividend Stocks in Gurus' Portfolio
- Top dividend stocks of Warren Buffett
- Top dividend stocks of George Soros
About the author: