Pimm Fox, of Bloomberg Television's "Taking Stock," recently interviewed Jim Koch, founder and chairman of Boston Beer Company (SAM
), the largest American-owned brewery, and Jim Woods, founder and chairman of MateVeza. In it they discussed:
- - the early days of SAM, their success, and market share
- - the industry in the last 27 years
- - what drives a craft brewer
- - Jim's mission to create a brewing revolution in the U. S.
- - ingredient costs
- - and "Brewing the American Dream," a micro-lending program started by Jim to provide capital to entrepreneurs in the food, beverage, and hospitality industries
About the author:
Bill SmithI'm an IT professional and a private individual value investor with degrees in electronic engineering and business economics. My major investment influence is Warren Buffett--finding "wonderful companies trading at wonderful prices".