In less than two weeks Warren Buffett will report his portfolio of Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:BRK.A)(NYSE:BRK.B). As a tradition, we are hosting a quarterly contest, asking our users to name the stocks Warren Buffett bought during the third quarter of 2011.
We would like to invite everyone to participate in this contest. The winners will each win a copy of great investment book selecting from this list:
- Joel Greenblatt: The Little Book That Still Beats the Market (Little Books. Big Profits)
- Joel Greenblatt: You Can Be a Stock Market Genius: Uncover the Secret Hiding Places of Stock Market Profits
- Benjamin Graham: The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing. A Book of Practical Counsel (Revised Edition)
- Martin Whitman: The Aggressive Conservative Investor
- Peter Lynch: Beating the Street
- Peter Lynch: One Up On Wall Street : How To Use What You Already Know To Make Money In The Market
- Benjamin Graham: Security Analysis: The Classic 1934 Edition
- David Dreman: Contrarian Investment Strategies - The Next Generation
- The Snowball: The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life
- Howard Marks: The Most Important Thing: Uncommon Sense for the Thoughtful Investor (Columbia Business School Publishing)
We understand that Berkshire’s new investment manager Tom Combs now manages part of Berkshire portfolio. The Mastercard Inc. (NYSE:MA) purchase during the first and the second quarter was probably from him. Mastercard stock has done very well since the purchase. Buffett also added to his existing position in Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC).
We also take this opportunity to announce the winner for the third quarter contest. The third quarter winners are Dheerajgrover and Thticket. Please contact us and let us know which book you want and where you want to the books be sent to. You will receive the book in 1-2 weeks.
Registered users may participate this contest by entering up to 3 stock symbols into the comment area of this post. Also state briefly the reasons for your guesses. If more than 3 symbols are entered, only the first three will be counted. The deadline for this contest will be when Warren Buffett releases information of Berkshire's holdings, which will be in two weeks. Write your answer to the comment area. If you are not registered, you need to register to participate.
After the contest, we will announce two winners. The prize book will be sent to winner directly from Amazon. We will host the contest again next quarter, so everyone will have another chance to win.
Make sure you do your homework! Good luck!