Donald Yacktman Has Some Stock Recommendations for Us
What does Yacktman think is currently attractive:
- If you look at high quality companies as bonds instead of stocks (I think he is simply referring to the size of the dividends) Yacktman thinks you will see a lot of value given the predictability of earnings.
- Pepsi (PEP), Proctor and Gamble (PG), Microsoft (MSFT) and Newscorp (NWS) make his attractive list.
- Microsoft (MSFT) and Cisco (CSCO) are cheap, which is why he now owns them and 30 years ago he wouldn’t have dreamed of it.
- Doesn’t own Apple (AAPL) because he doesn’t think it is cheap. He thinks that because the sustainability of Apple’s profit margins are a given.
- Pepsi has a dividend yield above a 30 year Treasury that is growing. To him that looks like a Triple-A bond.
Tickers in the article:
Download guru portfolio report (PDF format):
Donald Yacktman (Updated on 06/18/2013)