Below are some other companies increasing their cash dividends during the last week:
General Mills Inc. (GIS) manufactures and markets branded consumer foods worldwide. June 26, the company increased its quarterly dividend 8% to $0.33 per share. The dividend is payable Aug. 1, 2012, to shareholders of record July 10, 2012. The yield based on the new payout is 3.5%.
Duke Energy Corporation (DUK) operates as an energy company in the United States and Latin America. June 26th the company increased its quarterly dividend 2% to $0.255 per share. The dividend is payable on Sept. 17, 2012, to shareholders of record at the close of business Aug. 17, 2012. The yield based on the new payout is 4.4%.
Selecting stocks with increasing dividends is critical for an income growth strategy. The above list contains stocks that recently raised their dividends; it is not a list of recommend buys. As always, due diligence should be performed before buying or selling any stock. For a list of stocks with a long string of consecutive cash dividend increases, see this list.
Full Disclosure: No position in the aforementioned srocks. See a list of all my dividend growth holdings here.
- A Roadmap To Build Wealth With Dividend Stocks
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of Dividend Stocks
- 12 Blue Chip Dividend Stocks For When the Chips Are Down
- Spanning the World For The Best Dividend Stocks
- My Five Top And Bottom Performing Dividend Stocks
- High Yield Dividend Stocks in Gurus' Portfolio
- Top dividend stocks of Warren Buffett
- Top dividend stocks of George Soros
About the author: