David started investing at the age of 14. Here he explains his approach to global macro investing and what gives his firm an edge in the highly competitive hedge fund industry. Argonaut Macro Partnership LP has never had a down year since its founding in 2000 and has averaged an annual return of 16%, including a 12.3% gain in the otherwise disastrous 2008.
This interview highlights:
* How David became a hedge fund manager — early days at Tiger Management
* What is the process of idea generation at Argonaut Capital?
* How has global macro investing changed since the late 1980s?
* The significance of conducting primary research
* Benefits and opportunities of global macro investing
Here is the video: