July Ben Graham Net-Net Newsletter: A Stock Trading at 2/3 NCAV with a Potential Catalyst
The newsletter is ready for download for GuruFocus Premium Members. If you are not a Premium Member, you are invited for a Free 7-Day Trial.
This month’s pick:
The Ben Graham: Net-Net Newsletter’s July pick is a profitable boring business with a Board of Directors looking to maximize shareholder value.
This month’s pick:
1. Is consistently profitable·
2. Yields a generous 3.2%
3. Cash makes up 70% of the company’s market capitalization, with no debt on the balance sheet.
If the above points aren’t attractive enough what really makes this stock special is a catalyst exists that could help shareholders realize book value for this company.
1. There is a director and major shareholders who have agitated for the company to be sold at or above book value in the past.
2. The major hurdle to a sale has been removed.
3. While shareholders wait for something to happen they can be reassured by the large margin of safety and the consistent dividend.
Download your copy of the Ben Graham: Net-Net Newsletter today
“It always seemed, and still seems, ridiculously simple to say that if one can acquire a diversified group of stocks at a price less than the applicable net current assets alone...the results should be quite satisfactory. They were so, in our experience, for more than 30 years.”- Ben Graham
What’s a Net-Net?
A net current asset value bargain—or net-net—is a stock selling for less than the value of its current assets—cash, receivables, and inventory—minus all liabilities. Basically, it’s a stock selling for less than its liquidation value.
What’s the Ben Graham: Net-Net Newsletter?
GuruFocus’s Ben Graham: Net-Net Newsletter is written by Nate Tobik. It picks one new net-net every month. The newsletter goes out to subscribers on the first Friday of the month. The newsletter looks for stocks that have both a tangible margin of safety and reasonable upside potential.
So, get your copy of the Ben Graham: Net-Net Newsletter today.