Billionaire activist investor Carl Icahn just reported his Q2 portfolio. His portfolio reveals his 50 million shares of Chesapeake Energy (NYSE:CHK), which is 8.9% of CHK’s total shares outstanding. Mr. Icahn also added to his existing positions in CVR Energy, Navistar International Corp. As of 06/30/2012, Icahn Capital Management LP owns 17 stocks with a total value of $10.5 billion. Chesapeake Energy stock has lost more than 40% over the past 12 months as investors questioned the corporate governance and the CEO compensation of the company. Carl Icahn was saying that the board of the Chesapeake was “just sitting there.” He has urged for a change with the company and warned that he’s prepared to take immediate action if the company does not respond to his requests. Chesapeake Energy CEO Aubrey McClendon recently bought shares. But as we write before, don’t take that as a sign that the company stock will go up. Chesapeake is now the third largest position for Carl Icahn and the stock has recovered by almost 30% from its lows in May.
These are the details of the buys and sells of Carl Icahn over the past quarter.
|Oil & Gas||27%|
These are the top 5 holdings of Carl Icahn
- Icahn Enterprises, L.P. (IEP) - 93,897,083 shares, 35.7% of the total portfolio. Shares added by 0.54%
- CVR Energy, Inc. (CVI) - 71,198,718 shares, 18.1% of the total portfolio. Shares added by 465.78%
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK) - 50,085,202 shares, 8.9% of the total portfolio. New Position
- Forest Laboratories, Inc. (FRX) - 26,361,686 shares, 8.8% of the total portfolio.
- Federal-Mogul Corporation (FDML) - 76,385,255 shares, 8.0% of the total portfolio.
Here is the complete portfolio of Carl Icahn. Also check out the Undervalued Stocks, Top Growth Companies, and High Yield stocks of Carl Icahn.