Loews CEO Jim Tisch Discusses Building an American Conglomerate Through Value Investing
- For 50 years the Tisch family has been building an American conglomerate.
- Jim learned from his father 30 years ago to plan for the worst case scenario first and worry about getting rich second.
- The Loews empire started with one hotel in Florida 50 years ago.
- Tisch believes America’s best days are ahead of it.
- Natural gas can save the American economy and create energy independence if the politicians can stay out of the way.
Tickers in the article:
- CEO Buys, CFO Buys: Stocks that are bought by their CEO/CFOs.
- Insider Cluster Buys: Stocks that multiple company officers and directors have bought.
- Double Buys:: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying
- Triple Buys: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying, and Company is buying back.