Currency Guru John Taylor of FX Concepts on the Outlook for Currencies in 2013
One of the leading voices in the currency trading world is John Taylor of FX Concepts. Does he confirm the Gundlach thesis? Here is what he is saying about currencies for 2013:
- He thinks the yen is going to continue to weaken because the newly elected government is going to push it through.
- He is now worried about the fiscal cliff; he thinks the Tea Party Republicans are toying with a situation they have no understanding of.
- Europe is in a situation similar to Japan and needs serious inflating, but that it will take four or five years for them to figure it out.
- He is short the euro; he thinks politicians have to weaken their currency.
- A weakening of the euro is the only way the continent can go.