Goldman Sachs Jim O'Neill - Global Markets Likely to Outperform in 2013
- He is encouraged by the fact that global stock markets don't seem to be impacted by the fiscal cliff issues.
- The markets either think this issue will only impact the states or the American politicians will do something useful.
- He thinks the global markets are taking leadership from the market in the states which led in 2012.
- Investors seem to realize that whatever politicians do isn't going to address the long-term challenges facing the economy.
- The U.S. economy has two big strengths right now: housing and the shale oil and gas boom.