Buffett's Real Estate CEO Is High on Housing
The Buffett "housing CEO" is Ron Peltier of Home Services America who has a few comments on the housing market:
- 2012 was the first year with clear evidence of a housing recovery.
- 2011 was the bottom in the housing market.
- Unit sales were up 10% in 2012 and housing prices were up 7%.
- The recovery isn't uniform across the country, but it is definitely happening.
- Low interest rates and housing affordability at an all-time high will keep this recovery strong.
Tickers in the article:
- CEO Buys, CFO Buys: Stocks that are bought by their CEO/CFOs.
- Insider Cluster Buys: Stocks that multiple company officers and directors have bought.
- Double Buys:: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying
- Triple Buys: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying, and Company is buying back.