There are CEOs and then there are capital allocators who run their company with a value-investing point of view. The Tisch family has long been masterful allocators of capital.
Today CEO Tisch has the following observations:
- Tisch thinks that the economy is not able to really gain momentum with the constant question marks in the air caused by the politicians in Washington not being able to solve outstanding issues.
- He thinks that the economy will keep chugging along at a sluggish 2% rate of growth just as it has for the past four years.
- Loews (NYSE:L) is expanding in the hotel business because nobody else is (contrarian), and aggressively in the offshore drilling area. But overall he doesn't see many companies investing aggressively because of the political uncertainty.
- CEO Buys, CFO Buys: Stocks that are bought by their CEO/CFOs.
- Insider Cluster Buys: Stocks that multiple company officers and directors have bought.
- Double Buys:: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying
- Triple Buys: Companies that both Gurus and Insiders are buying, and Company is buying back.