Jim Rogers Reviews His New Book 'Street Smarts' with Reuters
- He does not include India in that as he is very doubtful about its future prospects.
- China is at the core of Rogers' thesis where he loves the entrepreneurial spirit of the people, the level of education and the work ethic.
- When a Chinese worker is hired he or she doesn't ask about how many vacation days he gets, he asks how many days he gets to work.
- The largest debtor nation in the world is the U.S., the largest creditors are all in Asia (China, Korea, Taiwan). The assets are all in Asia, and the debts are in the states
- Rogers is short government bonds and thinks that the bull market in bonds which started in 1981 is nearing an end.