Jim is everywhere this week promoting his book "Street Smarts." I guess for those of us too cheap to buy the book we can get a summation of what it says in these interviews directly from Rogers himself. Some of his points today:
- Central banks are printing staggering amounts of money. Japan, the U.S. and Europe all are doing it and it will be fun for awhile.
- Rogers isn't aware of any time when this kind of money printing was going on around the world.
- He is long the dollar because he expects turmoil in the currency markets, and people will flee for lack of knowing what else to do.
- He does not think the dollar is a safe long-term holding.
- Right now he would not buy gold, bonds or stocks. All that he is interested in buying are agriculture-linked investments.