The Canadian Stock Exchange goes by the name Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX).
Notable Canadian Insider Buys:
1. Toronto-Dominion Bank (TSX:TD)
Director John Bragg bought a total of 25,665 shares of Toronto-Dominion on March 6. Bragg purchased 11,665 shares for $85.97 each; he purchased another 14,000 for $85.47 each. Bragg’s transaction amount was $2,199,420. After this purchase John Bragg now holds on to 190,795 shares.
Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are known as the TD Bank Financial Group. TD Bank Financial Group serves four key business aspects which includes Canadian personal and commercial banking, wealth management, investment and American personal and commercial banking. Toronto-Dominion Bank has a market cap of $77.69 billion.
Toronto-Dominion is held by Canadian Gurus: Signature Select Canadian Fund (1,169,900 shares), Leith Wheeler Canadian Equity (1,231,200 shares), and Mawer Canadian Equity Fund (618,256 shares).
With its shares down 0.81%, TSX:TD trades at $84.23.
You can view more Toronto-Dominion Bank insider trades here.
2. Russel Metals Inc. (TSX:RUS)
President and CEO Brian Hedges invested over a million dollars into his company on March 11. Hedges bought 38,767 shares at $6.41 each for a total of $769,137; he also added 31,233 more shares to his stake at $16.58 per share for a total of $517,843. Hedges total transaction amount was $1,286,980.
Russel Metals is a metals distribution and processing company based out Mississauga, Ontario. The company primarily distributes steel products and conducts its distribution in three main business segments: metals service centers, energy tubular products and steel distributors. Russel Metals has a market cap of $1.7 billion.
Russel Metals is held by one Canadian guru followed by GuruFocus. The Mawer New Canada Fund owns 67,295 shares.
With its shares down 1.33%, TX:RUS trades at $28.17.
You can view more Russel Metals insider trades here.
3. IAMGOLD Corp. (TSX:IMG)
IAMGOLD reported three insider buys this past week. The Toronto, Ontario based company saw insider buys from their CFO as well as from one director.
- Executive Vice President and CFO, Carol Banducci, bought 60,000 shares at $6.41 per share on March 7. Banducci also added 18,000 shares on March 5. Banducci spent $499,800 on IAMGOLD shares this week. She now holds on to 105,258 shares of TSX:IMG.
- Senior Vice President of Corporate Affairs, Benjamin Little, made a smaller investment of 800 shares at $6.45. His transaction amount for the week was $5160. He now holds on to 8,903 shares.
IAMGOLD is a mid-tier gold producer with five operating gold mines on three continents. The company also operates one of the world’s top three producers of niobium. IAMGOLD has a market cap of $2.58 billion.
There are no gurus followed by GuruFocus that hold shares in this company.
With its shares down 7.92% this afternoon, TSX:IMG trades at $6.86.
You can view more IAMGOLD insider trades here.
4. Major Drilling Group International (TSX:MDI)
Major Drilling Group reported two insider buys this week. The Moncton, New Brunswick based company saw insider buys by its CEO and President as well as a director.
- On March 7 President and CEO, Francis McGuire, bought 11,200 shares for $8.90 per share. His total transaction amount was $99,680. McGuire now holds 35,290 shares of Major Drilling.
- Director Janice Rennie also bought shares on March 7. Rennie added 2,000 shares at $8.91 each for a total amount of $17,820. Rennie now holds 8,000 shares in Major Drilling.
Major Drilling Group is an international drilling company that primarily serves the mining industry. Major Drilling works out of 22 countries and has a fleet of 760 active drills. The company has a market cap of $699.66 million.
There are currently no gurus followed by GuruFocus that own shares in this company.
With shares down 2%, Major Drilling trades at $8.84.
You can view more Major Drilling insider trades here.
Notable Insider Sells
1. TransCanada Corp. (TSX:TRP)
TransCanada had a big week for insider sells. Senior officers within the company sold 51,500 shares for a total of $2,520,283.
TransCanada is an energy company which operates in two segments, pipelines and energy. The company has pipelines that span from Canada, through the U.S., and into Mexico. TransCanada has a market cap of $34.03 billion.
Two Canadian gurus followed by GuruFocus hold shares in TransCanada. Signature Select Canadian Fund owns 105,727 shares of TRP and Leith Wheeler Canadian Equity holds 1,083,600 shares.
With its shares down 1.71%, TransCanada trades at $30.03.
You can view more TransCanada insider trading here.
2. Trilogy Energy Corp. (TSX:TET)
Trilogy Energy reported three insider sells this week. General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Gail Yester, sold 28,800 of her shares in the company while Director Mitchell Shier sold 2,300 of his and Director Robert MacDonald sold 4,000 shares.
The three company officials sold 35,100 shares of Trilogy Energy for a total of $1,072,981.
Trilogy Energy is based out of Calgary, Alberta and is a Canadian energy corporation that focuses on horizontal drilling and completion techniques in the oil and gas industry. Trilogy Energy has a market cap of $3.5 billion.
With its shares down 1.09% this afternoon, Trilogy Energy trades at $30.03.
There are currently no gurus followed by GuruFocus that hold any shares in this company.
You can view more of Trilogy Energy’s insider trades here.
3. Goldcorp Inc. (TSX:G)
Goldcorp reported eight insider sells for March 8. The company executives sold a total of 20,097 of company shares for a total transaction amount of $665,074.
Goldcorp is a gold producer with operations and development projects throughout the Americas. Based out of Vancouver, British Columbia, Goldcorp maintains five mines in Canada and the U.S., three mines in Mexico, and two in Central and South America. Goldcorp has a market cap of $26.84 billion.
With its shares up 0.13%, shares for Goldcorp trade at $33.20.
The Signature Select Canadian Fund currently holds 614,600 shares of Goldcorp.
You can view more of Goldcorp’s insider activity here.
- Signature Select Canadian Fund Undervalued Stocks
- Signature Select Canadian Fund Top Growth Companies
- Signature Select Canadian Fund High Yield stocks, and
- Stocks that Signature Select Canadian Fund keeps buying
- Leith Wheeler Canad Undervalued Stocks
- Leith Wheeler Canad Top Growth Companies
- Leith Wheeler Canad High Yield stocks, and
- Stocks that Leith Wheeler Canad keeps buying