Oh my gosh, we haven't had anything significant to worry about for several weeks. Now here comes this Cyprus headline to the rescue giving CNBC a worry to sell to its viewers.
Goldman's Jim O'Neill
- He is still trying to get his head around what is going on in Cyprus.
- He thinks this is a big deal, and not a good one.
- The big concern is that the EU would back something like this.
- Believes that this deal has to be related to the fact that Germany requires it in order to get this passed through its parliament.
- He can't understand how the EU thinks hitting small savers in this way is appropriate.