In the big picture of gold and silver markets, Kinross Gold Corporation (KGC) is one stock pick that has Gurus making major buys or selling out. The company has a market cap of $9.05 billion with a P/E of 9.61 and a P/S of 2.2. Kinross Gold Corporation mines and processes gold, and silver ore as a by-product, and also explores and acquires gold-bearing properties in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Ecuador, Brazil, Chile, Mauritania, Ghana and Russia. The company says its strategy is to increase shareholder value through increases in precious metal reserves, net asset value, production and long-term cash flow and earnings per share.
The KGC share price is currently $7.93, down 20% year to date.
As of quarter ending Dec 31, 2012, a number of Gurus increased their Kinross Gold positions.
Guru John Burbank increased his Kinross Gold position by 50.53%, now holding 14,121,122 KGC shares. John Burbank’s holding history:
Third Avenue Management also increased their KGC position by 11.84% for the same quarter ending, with current shares at 5,523,264. Third Avenue’s holding history:
SAC Capital’s Steven Cohen also increased his KGC position by 176.95%, same quarter ending:
Gurus George Soros and Chuck Royce sold out his KGC shares the same quarter ending.
As wise traders know: All that glitters is not gold, but some of it is. We can’t get inside the minds of these top Gurus whose gold-buying and selling behaviors are so different from each other. But we can always turn to traditional wisdom that says the best hedge against inflation is gold. And according to some, the future belongs to silver.
- Steven Cohen Undervalued Stocks
- Steven Cohen Top Growth Companies
- Steven Cohen High Yield stocks, and
- Stocks that Steven Cohen keeps buying
- George Soros Undervalued Stocks
- George Soros Top Growth Companies
- George Soros High Yield stocks, and
- Stocks that George Soros keeps buying
- John Paulson Undervalued Stocks
- John Paulson Top Growth Companies
- John Paulson High Yield stocks, and
- Stocks that John Paulson keeps buying
- Seth Kla Undervalued Stocks
- Seth Kla Top Growth Companies
- Seth Kla High Yield stocks, and
- Stocks that Seth Kla keeps buying