In two weeks Warren Buffett will report his portfolios for the fourth quarter of 2007. GuruFocus is once again holding the quarterly contest, inviting users to best guess what stocks Warren Buffett bought in the last quarter.
The stock market had a wild ride during the fourth quarter of 2007. Financials were hit especially hard, including some very good companies. Warren Buffett must be busy shopping because opportunities like this do not come very often.
It is widely reported that Warren Buffett has decided to get into the Bond Insurance business as other insurers struggle. After the New Year, Buffett also bought about 2 million shares of Burlington northern Santa Fe Corp.
We would like to invite everyone to participate this contest. The top two winners will each win a copy of great investment book selecting from this list:
- Joel Greenblatt: The little Book that Beat the Market
- Benjamin Graham: The Intelligent Investor
- Martin Whitman: The Aggressive Conservative Investor
- Peter Lynch: Beating the Street
- Peter Lynch: One Up on Wall Street
- David Dreman: Contrarian Investment Strategies in the Next Generation
- Mohnish Pabrai: Dhandho Investor
Registered users may participate this contest by entering up to 3 stock symbols into the comment area of this post. Also state briefly the reasons for your guesses. The deadline for this contest will be when Warren Buffett releases information of Berkshire's holdings, which will be before Feb. 15. Write your answer to the comment area. If you are not registered, you need to register to participate.