- He is leery of corporate governance in Russia so he hasn't been a big investor there.
- With commodity prices coming down he is interested in Russian stocks in that area.
- Right now Mobius likes the "frontier markets" like Africa, the Middle East, Vietnam and Pakistan.
- In Latin and South America his favorites are Mexico, Colombia and Chile.
- He thinks more of the money from quantitative easing is starting to find its way to emerging markets.
- The Bank of Japan stimulus moves will flow into the markets of Southeast Asia.
In response to the question about whether we should be concerned about China, Mobius says no. He thinks that the new administration is just getting going, and he is very bullish on China.
In China his stocks of interest would be anything to do with consumers because the Government is going to be focused on increasing consumer demand.
Mobius doesn't think we should wait to see if equity markets continue going lower because we are in a long-term bull market and it is impossible to know when the correction will end.